Here’s some good news about UNLV:
1. UNLV rolls out the welcome mat with one of the world’s best hospitality programs, drawing students from Nevada and around the world.
2. UNLV boasts one of the nation’s top creative writing programs, with faculty earning national/international awards. UNLV is also one of few universities nationwide to offer a Ph.D. in radiochemistry, and all of its students find jobs after graduation.
3. UNLV students performed well at the Southern Nevada Business Plan Competition and swept Nevada Governor’s Cup for best business plans. The plans partner the creativity of engineering students with the business-savvy of MBA students. New inventions create new businesses.
4. With pedestrian safety a growing concern on Southern Nevada streets, UNLV's Transportation Research Center conducts outreach and research to make the streets safer for both drivers and pedestrians.
5. U.S. News & World Report named UNLV the 12th most popular university in the nation – and one of the most diverse.