Here’s good news about Nevada State College:
1. NSC’s current grant awards total approximately $6 million dollars, including a $900,000 HRSA grant just awarded, to support nursing, education, sciences and technology.
2. Approximately 20% (1 in 5) of NSC’s graduates have entered or completed graduate programs at institutions within Nevada and throughout the country in a variety of the disciplines including business, law, social work, nursing, education, biology, public administration, psychology, counseling, and history.
3. Nearly 30% of NSC’s tenured and tenure-track academic faculty members represent ethnically/racially diverse populations and 45% of NSC’s tenured and tenure-track academic faculty members are female.
4. The School of Liberal Arts & Sciences has developed a new mastery-based model for delivering remedial math, giving students the opportunity to receive focused instruction in their areas of weakness.
5. The School of Nursing NCLEX pass rate of its nursing graduates is one of the highest in the Nevada System of Higher Education.
6. NSC students enjoy a state-of-the-art learning environment including a sprawling, 30-foot bank of high-definition monitors that provides business students live video, breaking news reports, and the market data that drive world economies.