Powered By Blogger

Thursday, September 12, 2013

Take Inventory

I want you to do yourself and me a favor.  I want you to ask yourself why you are so ineffective in persuading others around you that if they don’t spend at least 20% of their time participating in government, education or health initiatives, that it won’t be long until the government, education and health care systems completely fail.  When I graduated from law school in 1962, I took the bar review course in Arizona which was taught by a Chester Smith.  He also was probably the best professor I had in my nine years of college.  He made the following point over and over, and though I’m not sure that his mathematics were accurate, his concept of how one should spend his or her time was sound.  He said, spend a third of your time working, a third of your total time involved with your family and a third of your time involved in the activities of your community.  I’ll bet a survey of Americans would show that they spend 90% of their time thinking only of themselves, 7 ½% of their time thinking and being involved with their families, and 2 ½ % of their time being involved with the communities in which they live.  It seems to me that’s a recipe for failure. May I suggest you take inventory of your own life to see how you invest your time, your money and your energy.

No comments:

Post a Comment