Powered By Blogger

Friday, September 13, 2013

Less?

My family didn’t have two cars until I was 14.  Our house had a one-car garage with no plans or ability to make it a 2-car garage.  My father had an excellent job that paid good wages and mother didn’t work until I entered the 7th grade.  Under today’s tests for determining success, my family was a failure.  Yet looking back over those one car, one garage, one parent working and one parent staying at home, it seems to me my family was far more successful than its counterpart today, which must have both parents working, often more than a 40 hour week, both parents being stressed to the limit, and their children being denied the necessary time and attention from the parents.  How can we have more, and at the same time, less?

No comments:

Post a Comment