Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Clark County School Board

I’ve been on 7 bank boards and the boards of more than a dozen of the top law schools in this country; I hold nine honorary doctorates from the best colleges for my work in education over the last 20 years; and I think I did a pretty good job as Nevada’s Chancellor of higher education. 

In all my education life, I have never seen a board like the Clark County School Board that lacked education, experience, judgment and creativity, and had no plans or abilities to solve its operating and financial problems.

Dwight Jones was a disaster.  Now the board chooses to name one from the management group that has been unable to solve the system’s problems as its interim superintendent.  This decision is totally void of any judgment.  This band of incompetents should be ashamed of itself, but even worse, you should be ashamed of electing this board.



2 comments:

  1. That's how they roll in Las Vegas Jim! Sad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A good (if not great) quantitative analysis, Jim
    I am concerned with the typical remedies as history has recorded them.
    I assume that the required intimacy is missing as complications mount.
    Administering a broken vessel in broken times is suicide for all involved.
    The gap is widening with no bridge emerging to cross the chasm.
    I think that better parsing and management coefficients might be in order.
    This would necessitate qualitative Brainstorming by Cutting Edge Authority...
    Your call to duty is apparent, Jim. I would love to carry your water, Jim ... "Tho' I've belted you and flayed you, By the livin' Gawd that made you, You're a better man than I am, Gunga Din!"
    Shall we simply give in (never ever never ...Churchill)

    ReplyDelete