Powered By Blogger

Sunday, January 1, 2012

Credit Cards & America's Middle Class


Credit Cards – The financial opiate of Americans that will hammer one more nail into the middle class coffin.

Through eight years of college and graduate school I never had a credit card.  It never occurred to me to apply for one.

My wife taught school and was paid once a month.  We waited for the paycheck to have our once-a-month dinner at a restaurant and then we paid for things as we bought them.  When we ran out of cash, we stopped buying.

My memory may be a little flawed but I think I had practiced law nearly ten years before I applied for a credit card – my rule – no cash – no buy.

Over the next several weeks I’m going to take a look at what the credit card has done to enslave this country’s middle class into a lifetime of servitude to the financial world.  

Please follow along and give me your thoughts along with personal stories about your own involvement with credit cards.

No comments:

Post a Comment