Powered By Blogger

Monday, July 16, 2012

One Professor Writes...

This week we present comments from professors from the Nevada System of Higher Education – as you’ll see we may be doing permanent and irritable damage to the system. One professor writes:

“I’m looking for a teaching job out of state.  Nevada doesn’t value education or a good quality of life, so I do not want to work here or raise my children here.  Does this mean I’ll have to start over in a tenure-track position somewhere else?  Yes.  But tenure doesn’t mean anything now.  All the Regents have to do is declare financial exigency and I can be fired for no reason tomorrow.  Working in higher ed in Nevada now means low pay, bad benefits, and no job security at all.  It shouldn’t be too hard to find a job in a better state than Nevada.“

No comments:

Post a Comment