Powered By Blogger

Thursday, July 4, 2013

My Experience

BIGOTRY, BIGOTRY, BIGOTRY.  It’s been my experience that bigotry is more than an inherited concept than an environmental concept.  I was born in the south, Kentucky, and although I lived there my first four years, given that time the nature of the population certainly would have provided me with ample opportunity to absorb bigotry from my environment.  But those concepts never entered my thinking because I had parents, grandparents, uncles, aunts and cousins  who never once in my first four years of life ever made a disparaging remark about any person because of their race, color or creed.  And given that inherited position I sincerely believe no environment different than that could have or would have changed my attitude toward other people.



No comments:

Post a Comment