Here’s good news about the Desert Research Institute:
1. Approximately 50 DRI faculty teaching and advising students on other NSHE campuses.
2. DRI invests ~ $1.4 M/year (non-State funds) for support of grad students at UNLV and UNR.
3. DRI’s total revenue about $58 million, yet DRI accounts for only 1.05% of higher education’s budget.
4. Since 2000, DRI has leveraged $98.6M (State operating budgets, includes State capital budgets) funding to attract $391M in external Sponsored Projects.
5. DRI ranked 23rd in R&D expenditures in the environmental sciences at universities and colleges by the National Science Foundation.